CHRIST THE KING ATHLETIC COMMITTEE SPORTS PROGRAM HANDBOOK
MISSION STATEMENT - The Christ the King Athletic Committee’s (CK Athletics) primary objective is to provide an opportunity for its student athletes to learn and participate in soccer, basketball, football, volleyball and golf. The objective will be met by providing a combined; competitive and instructional sports program as an extension of the Christ the King School academic program. Student participants will learn the fundamentals of each sport and be given the opportunity to develop strong, healthy and disciplined minds and bodies. Participants will also develop a sense of good sportsmanship, fair play and team spirit.
PHILOSOPHY - CK ATHLETICS is concerned with the development of the WHOLE person—the religious, moral, social and academic dimensions as well as physical development. Through participation in CK Athletic Programs students may develop life-long skills and positive values. These values include leadership, healthful living habits, self-discipline, integrity, teamwork, respect for rules and regulations, and the ability to participate with dignity and grace.
GOALS OF THE CK ATHLETICS SPORTS PROGRAM - The goals of the CK Athletics Sports program are as follows:
• To provide an opportunity for all CK students to participate in the CK Sports Program
• To develop sportsmanship
• To give students the experience of being part of a team
• To develop school spirit and team spirit
• To help students develop strong, healthy and disciplined bodies and minds
• To help students maintain good health through physical fitness
• To provide an enjoyable sports activity which can be sustained into adulthood
• To encourage values of self-discipline, self-confidence, fair play and cooperation
• To teach the proper attitude toward winning, losing and competing with dignity
• To operate and manage day-to-day operation of the gym in conjunction with the pastor and principal.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE CK SPORTS PROGRAM - The CK Sports Program is school sponsored and is an extension of the school and its curriculum. This program is subject to the authority of the pastor by virtue of his office and the school principal. The CK Athletic Committee is the primary authority over the CK Sports Program. The CK Athletic Committee is responsible for the day-to-day management and operations of all of its extracurricular sports programs.