Meet Your Teacher...
Who is Mrs. O'Connor???
I started my teaching career in 2001 in Denver, Colorado. After working there for 2 years, my husband, Kevin, and I moved to Evergreen Park where he grew up. I worked at Oak Forest High School for 5 years before I decided to stay home with my kids. When Lily, Gavin, Nick and Danny got old enough to all be in school all day, I decided it was time to go back to school myself! My children all attend local Catholic schools. I think the Catholic values and education are top notch, so I am so excited to be part of it as a teacher.
What does Mrs. O'Connor think about math?
While all subjects are important, I LOVE numbers! Math is EVERYWHERE, and I want to show you how great it can be. Some of my favorite math topics are fractions, order of operations and systems of equations.
What are some of Mrs. O'Connor's favorite things?
- The Color Green
- Carrot Cake
- Singing to the Radio
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Silly Jokes
Cool facts about Mrs. O'Connor
- I am originally from Omaha, Nebraska.
- I love my dog, Tucker.
- Not only do I have a degree in Math, but I also got a degree to be a meteorologist.
- I haven't grown since I was 12.
- I played golf in high school and coached golf when I taught high school.
- I ran a marathon 6 months after I ran 3 miles for the first time.
- My favorite video game when I was your age was Super Mario Bros.